Friday, February 6, 2009

Im wearing red and Im crabby

So today mom wrote about being red for women so I thought I would give you a recipe I seen when she was looking for something healthy to make for dinner. It seems from listening to her that it is hard to find normal healthy food recipes. Something that everyone including my teenage boy will eat that isnt fancy or have weird have to run out and buy them ingredients. Anyway, I thought this sounded good and since I'm kinda crabby today since I have to get my bath it seemed kind of appropriate. Remember to wear your red today I am. Today Im sporting my red sweater mom made me. Ill see if I can get her to take a picture by looking all cute.

Bye for now,
Aliza

Crab Salad in Pita Pockets

A fresh, lively dressing of ginger, jalapeño and lime juice replaces mayonnaise in this luxurious crab salad sandwich.
Makes 4 servings

ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy

2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
2 teaspoons lime juice
12 ounces lump crabmeat, squeezed dry
3/4 cup finely chopped celery heart with leaves
1/4 cup minced red onion2 teaspoons minced jalepeño pepper or to taste
1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerSalt & freshly ground pepper to taste
4 large lettuce leaves
2 8-inch whole-wheat pita breads, cut in half crosswise

1. Whisk together vinegar, oil and lime juice in a medium bowl. Add crabmeat, celery, onion, jalapeño and ginger; toss well. Season with salt and pepper.

2. To assemble sandwiches, line pita halves with lettuce and fill with crab salad.


NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 252 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 60 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrate; 23 g protein; 5 g fiber; 582 mg sodium; 98 mg potassium.1 Carbohydrate ServingExchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat

TIP: Ingredient note: Crab meat can be purchased in handy, 3.5-ounce, shelf-stable pouches—usually found in the same section as canned tuna. Each pouch is one serving

1 comment:

  1. Better watch Jeffery he may like that Red sweater though..

    ReplyDelete